SURGIFLO® Hemostatic Matrix Kit
SURGIFLO® Hemostatic Matrix with thrombin provides a matrix for platelet adherence, accelerating the formation of the platelet plug and aids in fibrin clot formation.
As surgery time increases, so does the value of SURGIFLO® Hemostatic Matrix
The use of a flowable gelatin with thrombin such as SURGIFLO® may reduce surgical blood loss, operating time and hospital length of stay. For an average 4 hour spinal surgery, using SURGIFLO® Hemostatic Matrix with thrombin was associated with cost reduction of $150 per surgery versus Floseal.
Effective performance and utilization
In blind testing, surgeons prefer the consistency of SURGIFLO® over Floseal®,‡
When compared to Floseal®, the use of SURGIFLO® resulted in preferred product consistency that remains uniformly flowable for 8 hours, quicker and easier preparation, and lower cost.
Fast hemostasis with staying power
Designed with a thicker matrix to stay where placed even during active bleedingβ
SURGIFLO® stops bleeding in less than 2 minutes when mixed with thrombin. Its lightweight design allows for optimal control and ease of use, and its applicator allows for precise placement to address bleeding in tight and difficult-to-access sites.Contact a representative launch
Ease of preparation and safety247,263
SURGIFLO® is faster to prepare versus Floseal and requires no measuring
SURGIFLO® has significantly shorter thrombin reconstitution time versus Floseal (57 seconds vs. 90 seconds), plus a vial adapter designed to eliminate needle sticks. OSHA¶ Guidelines recommend the use of needle-free medical devices to reduce sharp injuries in the surgical setting.262Watch and learn how to prepare SURGIFLO® video_library
SURGIFLO® Hemostatic Matrix
|8 mL SURGIFLO® Hemostatic Matrix Kit with thrombin||2993||63713-0029-93||6|
|8 mL SURGIFLO® Hemostatic Matrix||2991||63713-0029-91||6|
|34 cm SURGIFLO® Endoscopic Applicator||MS1995||63713-MS19-95||6|
Lyophilized Powder for Solution
EVITHROM® is a topical thrombin indicated as an aid to hemostasis whenever oozing blood and minor bleeding from capillaries and small venules is accessible and control of bleeding by standard surgical techniques (such as suture, ligature or cautery) is ineffective or impractical.
EVITHROM® may be used in conjunction with an Absorbable Gelatin Sponge, USP.
- For topical use only.
- Do not inject.
- Apply EVITHROM® on the surface of bleeding tissue only.
- The amount of EVITHROM® required depends upon the area of tissue to be treated and the method of application. In clinical studies, volumes up to 10 ml were used in conjunction with Absorbable Gelatin Sponge.
- Do not use for the treatment of severe or brisk arterial bleeding.
- Do not use in individuals known to have anaphylactic or severe systemic reaction to human blood products. Hypersensitivity reactions, including anaphylaxis, may occur.
- There is a potential risk of thrombosis if absorbed systemically.
- May carry a risk of transmitting infectious agents such as viruses and theoretically, the Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) agent, despite manufacturing steps designed to reduce the risk of viral transmission.
- The most common adverse reactions during clinical trial (reported in at least 2% of subjects treated with EVITHROM®) were prolonged activated partial thromboplastin time, increased INR, decreased lymphocyte count, prolonged prothrombin time and increased neutrophil count.
- None of the patients treated with EVITHROM developed antibodies to human thrombin or to human Factor V/Va. The clinical significance of these findings is unknown.
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.
- * Each product was prepared following Instructions for Use.
- † Based on in vitro viscosity testing of SURGIFLO® 8mL and Floseal Hemostatic Matrix 5mL.
- ‡ Testing conducted with 101 US surgeons using SURGIFLO® versus Floseal.
- § Thrombin must be reconstituted outside the sterile field.
- ¶ Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- β In animal models.