SURGIFLO® Hemostatic Matrix Kit
To see Important Safety Information scroll down to the bottom of page
- Thicker matrix designed to stay where placed even during active bleeding247
- Achieves hemostasis in <2 minutes when used with thrombin259,*
- Retains efficacy and consistency for up to 8 hours260
Ease of Preparation and Safety247,263
- SURGIFLO® Kit (8mL) can be fully prepared in half the time vs. 5mL competitor (81 vs. 163 seconds)322
- Significantly shorter thrombin reconstitution time (57 vs. 95 seconds)322,*
- Needle-free thrombin reconstitution with needle-free vial adapter designed to eliminate needle sticks
OSHA† safety guidelines recommend the use of needle-free medical devices to reduce sharp injuries in the surgical setting262
- Multi-bend blue FlexTip allows for precise placement
- Up to 8 hours of effective working time once SURGIFLO® Kit is mixed with Lyophilized human thrombin260
EVITHROM® Thrombin, Topical (Human) for Topical Use Only
EVITHROM® is a topical thrombin indicated as an aid to hemostasis whenever oozing blood and minor bleeding from capillaries and small venules is accessible and control of bleeding by standard surgical techniques (such as suture, ligature or cautery) is ineffective or impractical.
EVITHROM® may be used in conjunction with an Absorbable Gelatin Sponge, USP.
Important Safety Information
- For topical use only.
- Do not inject EVITHROM® directly into the circulatory system.
- Do not use for the treatment of severe or brisk arterial bleeding.
- Do not use in individuals known to have anaphylactic or severe systemic reaction to human blood products. Hypersensitivity reactions, including anaphylaxis, may occur.
- May carry a risk of transmitting infectious agents such as viruses and theoretically, the Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) agent, despite manufacturing steps designed to reduce the risk of viral transmission.
- There is a potential risk of thrombosis if absorbed systemically.
- The most common adverse reactions during clinical trial (reported in at least 2% of subjects treated with EVITHROM®) were prolonged activated partial thromboplastin time, increased INR, decreased lymphocyte count, prolonged prothrombin time and increased neutrophil count. Adverse events were reported in the clinical trial with similar frequency in the two study groups (EVITHROM® or bovine thrombin group)