Hernia Repair & Fixation
ETHICON SECURESTRAP® Absorbable Strap Fixation Device
For laparoscopic ventral and inguinal hernia repair
Market-leading fixation device provides superior fixation at various deployment angles340
Allows for appropriate tissue capture and penetration at various deployment angles to provide superior holding strength332,333,337,338
- Unique, absorbable “strap” design uses 2 points of fixation to straddle mesh pores and fibers334
- Low-profile strap, minimal surface area leaves minimal foreign material exposed to viscera333
- Each strap – from the first to the last – deploys with equivalent force, providing reliability332
In a study of patients from the International Hernia Mesh Registry (IHMR), ETHICON SECURESTRAP Fixation Device was shown to be safe341,*
- In another study of IHMR patients, nearly all patients (87.5%) reported minimal to no pain at 6 months postsurgery232,†
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.
- * Data from a prospective, longitudinal study of 56 patients receiving hernia repair with ETHICON SECURESTRAP from the IHMR.
- † Results for 77 patients from the International Hernia Mesh Registry, a prospective, longitudinal study of patients receiving hernia repair with ETHICON SECURESTRAP Fixation Device. The Carolinas Comfort Scale™ defines asymptomatic pain as patients who have answered each question as either “0” (no symptoms) or “1” (mild but not bothersome symptoms).