Hernia Repair & Fixation
ETHICON SECURESTRAP® Open Absorbable Strap Fixation Device
For open ventral hernia repair
The next generation of a proven, trusted device, now optimized for the open approach
Saves on average an estimated 35 minutes per surgical case compared to suture-only approach240,*‡
- Curved cannula to improve handling and maneuvering around anatomic barriers231
- Forward-tilted handle for improved ergonomics and access231
- Metric ruler on cannula to help ensure proper mesh overlap231
- Strap-positioning tip for proper strap placement231
Same proven, trusted device—now enhanced for Sublay repairs
Additional grips (“holding points”) on the cannula cap
- Designed to facilitate mesh and strap placement in retromuscular repair
- Designed to improve traction and tensioning with porous meshes
- Acute strap fixation strength verified in Sublay space548,550β
- Unique, absorbable strap design delivers secure fixation of large-pore mesh334§
Nearly all patients (87.5%) reported minimal to no pain at 6 months postsurgery in a preliminary study334†Ω
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.
- * Performed in live swine models.
- † Results at 6 months postsurgery versus baseline for 77 patients receiving laparoscopic intraperitoneal or preperitoneal hernia repair with ETHICON SECURESTRAP Fixation Device. The Carolinas Comfort Scale defines symptomatic pain as a score greater than 1 (mild but not bothersome symptoms) for at least 1 question within the domains of severity of pain, sensation of mesh, or movement limitation.
- ‡ When deploying an intraperitoneal onlay mesh
- § As shown in a preclinical model
- Ω ETHICON SECURESTRAP Open Absorbable Strap fixation Device uses the same absorbable fixation straps as ETHICON SECURESTRAP fixation Device