Ethicon entered the absorbable fixation market in 2011 with the ETHICON SECURESTRAP® Absorbable Strap Fixation Device. Featuring a unique, 2-point fixation strap, the ETHICON SECURESTRAP Fixation Device demonstrated appropriate tissue capture/penetration and superior holding strength at various deployment angles.235,332
Within 18 months of availability, ETHICON SECURESTRAP Fixation Device became the market leader –clear evidence of surgeon satisfaction.336
To address surgical challenges in open ventral hernia repair, Ethicon offers ETHICON SECURESTRAP® Open Absorbable Strap Fixation Device. ETHICON SECURESTRAP Open Absorbable Strap Fixation Device is the next generation of a proven, trusted device, now optimized for open repairs – rounding out a complete, evidence-based portfolio of mechanical fixation devices.
Unique, absorbable strap design uses 2 points of fixation to straddle mesh pores and fibers
- Allows appropriate tissue capture and penetration for secure fixation and superior holding strength at various deployment angles332,338,339$
- At 45 and 30 degrees, ETHICON SECURESTRAP™ Fixation Device has a statistically significant difference in median holding strength compared with AbsorbaTack† (P<0.05)235
- At 90, 45, and 30 degrees, ETHICON SECURESTRAP™ Fixation Device has a statistically significant difference in median holding strength compared with SorbaFix* (P<0.05)235
- Low-profile strap, minimal surface area leaves minimal foreign material exposed to viscera333
- Straps absorb in 12-18 months339
- Nearly all patients (87.5%) reported having minimal to no pain at 6 months postsurgery339§
- Each strap – from the first to the last – deploys with equivalent force, providing reliability332
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.
- The third-party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners.
- ‡ Two points of fixation and mid-plane symmetry require that data be collected horizontally and vertically.
- † AbsorbaTack™ Instructions for Use require that the distal tip of the device is at a right angle to the targeted tissue to facilitate appropriate insertion of the tack.165
- * SORBAFIX™ Instructions for Use state that the fasteners should be placed entirely into the tissue and the head of the fastener should be firm against the mesh or tissue in order to achieve the best fixation performance.166
- § Results for 77 patients from the International Hernia Mesh Registry, a prospective, longitudinal study of patients receiving hernia repair with ETHICON SECURESTRAP Fixation Device. The Carolinas Comfort Scale™ defines asymptomatic pain as patients who have answered each question as either “0” (no symptoms) or “1” (mild but not bothersome symptoms).
- $ As shown in a preclinical study