Hernia Repair & Fixation
ULTRAPRO COMFORT PLUG™ Partially Absorbable Hernia Repair Device
For open inguinal hernia repair
The proven benefits of ULTRAPRO® macroporous partially absorbable mesh, now available for plug technique
- Macroporous, partially absorbable mesh allows for excellent tissue in-growth119,335
- Leaves behind 65% less foreign material compared with heavyweight mesh after partial absorption346§
- Rounded, conical tip and low profile in abdomen-peritoneum designed to minimize foreign-body sensation119,335
- Offers appropriate strength with reduced foreign-body mass for natural healing342,399
- Trimmable filler and plug for a customized fit342
- Designed for excellent intraoperative handling399
- Relies on familiar surgical techniques342,399
- No need to create a preperitoneal space
Other devices in the Ultrapro portfolio offer low rates of recurrence (<2%) for a lasting repair, based on data at one year from the International Hernia Mesh Registry (IHMR)347*,400†,401‡
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.
- * Data from a prospective, longitudinal study of 151 patients receiving open hernia repair with ULTRAPRO® Partially Absorbable Lightweight Mesh from the International Hernia Mesh Registry (IHMR)
- † Data from a prospective, longitudinal study of 2792 patients receiving hernia repair with ULTRAPRO® Hernia System from the IHMR.
- ‡ Data from a prospective, longitudinal study of 71 patients receiving open hernia repair with ULTRAPRO® Plug from the IHMR. Two additional patient-reported recurrences could not be medically confirmed by a clinician.
- § Results from comparator studies should be interpreted with the understanding that the appropriate choice of mesh for any given patient depends on numerous factors, including the type and size of the defect, the patient’s medical condition and history and surgeon preference.