Hernia Repair & Fixation
ULTRAPRO® Partially Absorbable Lightweight Mesh
For open ventral and inguinal hernia repair
Offers strength with reduced foreign body mass483
May reduce the risk of patient complications compared with heavyweight mesh†
- In a study of patients from the International Mesh Hernia Registry (IHMR), patients demonstrated low rates of intra- and postoperative complications, such as seromas, and recurrence (<1%) after 1 year343,*
- In the same study, patients receiving hernia repair with ULTRAPRO Mesh reported improvement in pain and movement limitations from baseline at 12 months postsurgery343,*
- Promotes less inflammation than heavyweight mesh119
- Macroporous design promotes fluid flow-through, reducing risk of seromas that could lead to infection119,344
- Withstands more than 2x the maximum abdominal pressure119
- Leaves behind 65% less foreign material compared with heavyweight mesh after partial absorption342
- Offers increased abdominal wall compliance119,345,483
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.
- * Data from a prospective, longitudinal study of 470 patients receiving laparoscopic, mostly inguinal, hernia repair with ULTRAPRO® Flat Mesh from the IHMR.
- † Results from comparator studies should be interpreted with the understanding that the appropriate choice of mesh for any given patient depends on numerous factors, including the type and size of the defect, the patient’s medical condition and history and surgeon preference.