Ancillary Band Devices
Ethicon Endo-Surgery Gastric Band Sutureless Port and Applier
The port applier is the first suture-free tissue-anchor system of its kind. It is:
- Safe – No sutures equals less time under anesthesia.
- Stable – Applied port 66% stronger than a sutured port.*
- Fast – Procedure time reduced by 19%.2
The injection port is easy to adjust, with a 59% larger septum and 46% more tubing protection than Lap-Band® ports.†
The injection port is:
- Low profile – Minimal bulge under the skin
- Less painful – Patients report less port-site pain and less pain medication compared with sutured port sites.2,‡,§
Ethicon Endo-Surgery Gastric Band Dissector
This minimizes damage to surrounding anatomy during open/laparoscopic band placement. It is:
- Comfortable – One-handed operation for precise dissection and grasping.
For additional information on these products as well as on the Ethicon Endo-Surgery Gastric Calibration Tube and Ethicon Endo-Surgery Huber Needles, please see Description + Specs tab.
Note: The devices formally known as REALIZE® have changed in name only. They are identical devices.
- * Compared to ports anchored with four 2-0 PROLENE® Sutures.1
- † Compared to Allergan, Inc. Access Port I and Access Port II.1
- ‡ Visual analogue pain scale , 3.2 (port applier) vs. 3.8 (sutured) (p<0.01).2
- § Opiods (mg) 1.3 vs. 3.0, NSAIDS (U) 0.23 vs. 0.9, Hypnotics/Sedatives (U) 0 vs. 0.72