Bariatric & Metabolic
Curved Adjustable Gastric Band
Ancillary Band Devices
Solutions from science.
Outcomes for patients.
At Ethicon Bariatric & Metabolic, we put one goal ahead of all others – transforming patients’ lives by resolving weight-related health conditions.
And since bariatric surgery is a rapidly evolving specialty, we believe there is only one way to reach that goal.
A deeper understanding.
Only a deeper understanding of the science of obesity and the needs of healthcare professionals can reveal what is truly effective and what is truly needed.
So we collaborate with healthcare professionals to satisfy their needs with science-based solutions across the continuum of patient care: pre surgery, post surgery.
We provide solutions that are focused on:
- Scientific commitment: Support for a broad range of clinical research
- Treatment advocacy: Initiatives to expand patient access to care through education for primary care physicians, the public and payers
- Practice support: A variety of resources, both online and in person, to help your practice reach patients
- Patient engagement: Outreach efforts to help educate patients and bring them to your practice
- Surgical performance: Scientifically developed devices supporting the breadth of bariatric procedures
In this way, we can help achieve lasting improvements in patients’ lives.
To learn more about the Ethicon initiatives at ASMBS, visit our ASMBS 2012 page.
High volume, low pressure – no adjustable gastric band is safer or more effective for weight loss surgery.3
A winning combination that minimizes the potential for tissue damage, dysphagia or slippage. Our Curved Adjustable Gastric Band is the widest band available.3 It delivers flexible, 360-degree coverage for easy placement and maximum comfort. And it's backed by more than 20 years of worldwide clinical experience and ongoing innovation.
Note: The device formally known as REALIZE® has changed in name only. They are identical devices.
Our Solution for Gastric Banding includes the following Ethicon ancillary gastric band products: Gastric Band Sutureless Port and Applier, Gastric Band Dissector, Gastric Calibration Tubes and Huber Needles.