Curved Cutter Stapler
In colorectal cases, it is important to gain visibility and easy access to the lower pelvis for a successful low-anterior resection. With this in mind, Ethicon developed the CONTOUR® Curved Cutter Stapler, designed with a unique curved head for increased visibility and optimal use in the narrower male pelvis. The CONTOUR Curved Cutter Stapler combines stapling and cutting into one device, delivering four rows of staples with a single cut between, eliminating the need for a bowel clamp and scalpel.
Low pelvic access with CONTOUR Curved Cutter Stapler
Unique curved head design
- 40mm cut line in a 30mm space
- Curved head designed for low pelvic access and enhanced visibility
- Unique head design complements the increased shaft length for a deep reach
Smaller head width
- 21% smaller head width than Covidien’s Radial Reload with Tri-Staple*
- Helps you navigate through tight confines of the pelvic region to access hard-to-reach tissues low within the rectum required for distal transection
Larger Jaw Aperture
- 13% larger jaw aperture than Radial Reload† to help obtain placement below tumor site
- Facilitates maneuverability and mobility along the colon to place staples where you want them
For complete product details, see Instructions for Use
- * Ethicon US, LLC. (CONTOUR® head width, 2.5in. / 64mm.), Covidien, Endo GIA™ Radial Reload with Tri-Staple™ Technology Technical Guide. (Radial Reload head width, 3.2in. / 81mm.).
- † Ethicon US, LLC. (CONTOUR® 18.5mm full jaw opening), Covidien, Endo GIA™ Radial Reload with Tri-Staple™ Technology Technical Guide (Radial reload 16.3mm jaw opening).