Less postoperative pain and faster recovery for your patient – Our solution option for hemorrhoid treatment.7,8
Procedure for Prolapse and Hemorrhoids (PPH). PPH has a unique advantage over conventional techniques because the procedure is performed above the dentate line inside the anal canal, affecting fewer nerve endings. Our PPH device provides two staggered rows of titanium staples in 33mm diameter size applied in the anal canal for transection and resection of internal tissue.
PPH Circular Stapler Set is:
- Adjustable – accommodates various tissue thicknesses
- Reliable – tissue compression is controlled
- Safe – fixed anvil mitigates accidental detachment
The first prospective randomized multicenter trial completed in the U.S. compared PPH to Ferguson Hemorrhoidectomy.8 Study conclusions:
- PPH offers the benefit of less postoperative pain, less requirement for analgesics, and less pain at the first bowel movement.
- PPH provides similar control of hemorrhoid symptoms compared to Ferguson Hemorrhoidectomy.
- The need for an additional hemorrhoid treatment at one-year follow-up from surgery was similar between the PPH and Ferguson patient groups.
- During the one-year follow-up period, significantly fewer patients having the PPH procedure required additional anorectal procedures.
Designed for the Procedure for Prolapse and Hemorrhoids (PPH), the PROXIMATE® PPH Set includes the 33mm hemorrhoidal circular stapler, Suture-threader, Circular Anal Dilator, and Purse-String Suture Anoscope.
- 33mm diameter
- Closed staple height of 0.75mm-1.5mm – designed to increase staple line compression on tissue and key blood vessels
- Quick-close adjusting knob – allows rapid instrument open and close while maintaining controlled tissue compression
- Suture-threader ports – allow easy retrieval of suture through instrument housing
- Clear Anoscope – reference markings for enhanced visualization of the anatomy and precise placement of the purse-string sutures
- Fixed anvil – mitigates accidental detachment
Please click on the link below to see a detailed description of the MRI-related information regarding this product.
PROXIMATE PPH Hemorrhoidal Circular Stapler
Please contact our Customer Support Center at 1-877-ETHICON (384-4266) or via email at email@example.com for more information.
|PRODUCT CODE||EA/BX||NUMBER OF STAPLE ROWS||CLOSED STAPLE HEIGHT||KNIFE DIAMETER||NUMBER OF STAPLES||STAPLE LEG LENGTH|
|PPH03||3||2||0.75mm - 1.5mm||24.4||28||4mm|
Looking for more specific instruction regarding our devices? Here are various materials and media to explain and walk you through the proper steps for their use. For the full steps to use of any of our devices, please refer to the package insert.
PPH Procedure Animation (5 min 57 sec)
Learn more about Procedure for Prolapse and Hemorrhoids and the PROXIMATE┬« PPH Circular Stapler Set from Ethicon.