DERMABOND ADVANCED® Topical Skin Adhesive
Secure skin closure is an integral step of nearly every surgical procedure. If the closure device does not provide the strength and support required by the skin tissue, the wound edges may separate, providing a potential pathway for bacterial contamination, which can lead to infection, suboptimal cosmesis, and low patient satisfaction.170,171
DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive can add strength and protection to an incision.
- Strength: When used in addition to sutures, DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive was shown ex vivo to add 75% more strength to wound closure than sutures alone1
- Microbial barrier: DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive provides a microbial barrier with 99% protection in vitro for at least 72 hours against organisms commonly responsible for surgical site infections (SSIs)117,192,*
- Inhibition of bacteria: DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive demonstrated in vitro inhibition of gram-positive bacteria (MRSA & MRSE) and gram-negative bacteria (E. coli)†
A patented, thicker formula with a unique blend of plasticizers and an initiator for precise control
- Plasticizers increase flexibility and 3-dimensional strength for secure wound closure and patient comfort213
- Initiator enables consistent setting time across various conditions and skin types213
DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive is part of the DERMABOND® Portfolio.
The products in the DERMABOND Portfolio are supported by more clinical evidence, outcomes data, and publications than any other topical skin adhesive.193
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.
- * Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Enterococcus faecium, Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- † Clinical significance is unknown
- ‡ As compared to High Viscocity DERMABOND® Topical Skin Adhesive