DERMABOND® Mini Topical Skin Adhesive
Secure skin closure is an integral step of nearly every surgical procedure. If the closure device does not provide the strength and support required by the skin tissue, the wound edges may separate, providing a potential pathway for bacterial contamination, which can lead to infection, suboptimal cosmesis, and low patient satisfaction.170,171
DERMABOND Mini is a skin closure device that can be used to close easily approximated skin edges of wounds from small surgical incisions and lacerations.
DERMABOND Mini provides a protective barrier that adds strength and inhibits bacteria:
- Strength: Clinically shown to provide 7-day wound-holding strength in just 3 minutes192
- Microbial barrier: Provides a flexible microbial barrier with 99% protection in vitro for 72 hours against organisms commonly responsible for surgical site infections (SSIs)117,*
- Inhibition of bacteria: Demonstrates in vitro inhibition of gram-positive bacteria (MRSA and MRSE) and gram-negative bacteria (E coli)6,†
Furthermore, DERMABOND Mini’s unique formulation provides added value:
- Promotes patient comfort by providing flexible closure without the pain or anxiety caused by needles
- Offers fast closure of small incisions and lacerations
- Addresses cost and convenience concerns by eliminating the need for return visits to remove sutures
DERMABOND Mini is part of the DERMABOND® Portfolio.
The products in the DERMABOND Portfolio are supported by more clinical evidence, outcomes data, and publications than any other Topical Skin Adhesive.193
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.