DERMABOND® PRINEO® Skin Closure System
Secure skin closure is an integral step of nearly every surgical procedure. If the closure device does not provide the strength and support required by the skin tissue, the wound edges may separate, providing a potential pathway for bacterial contamination, which can lead to infection, suboptimal cosmesis, and low patient satisfaction.170,171
Longer incisions present unique clinical challenges, such as approximating wound edges evenly, distributing tension evenly across the wound, and maintaining the integrity of the surgical site.
DERMABOND PRINEO System is a unique two-part skin closure system consisting of:
- A 2-octyl cyanoacrylate topical skin adhesive for proven strength and microbial protection in vitro202
- A flexible, self-adhesive polyester mesh for excellent approximation and healing202
DERMABOND PRINEO System can add strength and protection when closing medium to long incisions.
- DERMABOND PRINEO System can replace use of subcuticular sutures for skin closure.* It has tissue holding strength equivalent to 3-0 MONOCRYL® (poliglecaprone 25) Sutures (shown ex-vivo)1
- DERMABOND PRINEO System was shown to provide statistically significant greater skin holding strength than skin staples or subcuticular suture†
- Provides a flexible microbial barrier with 99% protection in vitro for 72 hours against organisms commonly responsible for surgical site infections (SSIs)‡
- DERMABOND PRINEO System demonstrated in vitro inhibition of gram positive (MRSA and MRSE) and gram negative bacteria (E. coli)§
- May reduce final layer of skin closure time up to 75%1
DERMABOND PRINEO System is part of the DERMABOND® Portfolio.
The products in the DERMABOND Portfolio are supported by more clinical evidence, outcomes data, and publications than any other Topical Skin Adhesive.193
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.
- * except in patients with skin which may be regularly exposed to body fluids, with dense natural hair (e.g., scalp) or with a known hypersensitivity to cyanoacrylate, formaldehyde, or pressure sensitive adhesive
- † In an ex vivo study, more load in N was required to create 3 ± 1 mm gap between skin edges approximated with DERMABOND PRINEO System, than with subcuticular 3-0 MONOCRYL® (poliglecaprone 25) Suture or PROXIMATE® Ethicon Endo Surgery skin staples (p=0.00)
- ‡Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Enterococcus faecium, Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- § Clinical significance is unknown