Ethicon is committed to deliver meaningful innovations based on a deeper knowledge of tissue science and procedural needs. We offer a comprehensive portfolio of market-leading, innovative devices to meet the changing demands of today’s most effective surgical treatments for severe obesity.
ECHELON FLEX™ GST System
A better grip on movement
Only the ECHELON FLEX™ GST System* with the combination of the ECHELON FLEX™ Powered Plus Stapler, with proprietary Reloads with GST, gives 4x less tissue slippage during firing compared to Endo GIA™ Reloads with Tri-Staple Technology for unsurpassed staple formation†Experience less tissue slippage navigate_next
HARMONIC ACE®+7 SHEARS with Advanced Hemostasis
World-class precision with secure and reliable sealing‡
The first and only purely ultrasonic energy device with a 7mm vessel sealing indication.§ Adaptive Tissue Technology delivers unmatched precision, multifunctionality, and now Advanced Hemostasis for stronger vessel sealing.¶Learn more about adaptive tissue technology navigate_next
STRATAFIX™ Knotless Tissue Control Devices
Delivering more consistency,‖ more security,‖ and more efficiency.‖
With more points of fixation than traditional sutures, STRATAFIX™ Devices provide more consistent tension control over every pass and provides more security and strength than interrupted suture closure with more efficiency than continuous closure.141,145,150The security of interrupted suturing navigate_next
Other key products for use in your bariatric procedures:
- * System components include ECHELON FLEX™ Powered Plus Stapler and ENDOPATH ECHELON™ Reloads with Gripping Surface Technology.
- † Benchtop testing in porcine stomach tissue. Mean tissue movement from after clamping on tissue to after firing ECHELON FLEX™ Powered Plus Stapler (PSEE60A) and ECHELON Reload with GST vs ENDO GIA™ ULTRA Handle (EGIAUSTND) and Endo GIA™ Reload with Tri-Staple™ Technology at 3.3 and 4.0mm tissue thicknesses (3.3mm: GST60T 0.642mm vs EGIA60AMT 4.806mm p<0.001; 4.0mm: GST60T 0.654mm vs EGIA60AXT 5.116mm p<0.001)
- ‡ Based on articulation data for IFU’s on each device.
- § Internal market analysis as of 1/31/2014.
- ¶ In bench-top studies with 5‐7mm porcine carotids that compared median burst pressure, HARMONIC ACE+7 exhibited higher burst pressures vs. LigaSure™ 5mm Blunt Tip (p<0.001) and LigaSure™ Advance (p<0.001).
- ‖ Compared to traditional sutures.