Ethicon offers a comprehensive portfolio and innovative solutions to meet the demanding needs of every critical step of Colorectal surgery
Solutions enabling compression and reliable staple formation
Achieving appropriate compression and reliable staple formation for an optimal anastomosis are our common goals. We work with surgeons to control variability and reduce complications through specific device-tissue interactions. Only Ethicon Circular Staplers allow you to adjust staple height to accomodate varying tissue thicknesses.Learn more about solutions for anastomosis navigate_next
Solutions delivering access and more targeted tissue transection
Ethicon has solutions that provide access and exceptional staple line integrity* in more challenging procedures. The ECHELON FLEX™ GST System enables the least tissue slippage* to precisely transect the colon and rectum. The CONTOUR® Curved Cutter Stapler is designed specifically for distal transection, the unique, curved head makes it the most chosen open stapling device in the industry.Learn more about distal transection navigate_next
Mobilization and Vessel Sealing
Solutions for precise dissection and advanced sealing.
Achieving secure vessel sealing in deep or tight spaces is critical in mobilization. ENSEAL® G2 Articulating Tissue Sealers, with 110° articulation, improves access and visibility. HARMONIC ACE®+7 Shears is the first purely ultrasonic energy deviceβ to provide reliable hemostasis¥ when ligating large vessels including IMA and abdominal vessels up to 7mm in diameter. €,‡,†More solutions for mobilization and large vessel sealing navigate_next
Secure Wound Closure
Solutions addressing risk factors associated with SSIs
Colorectal surgery faces a 9.8%508 rate of surgical site infection(SSI), the most common reason for unplanned readmission.509 Ethicon offers a portfolio of wound closure products to help prevent complications, including STRATAFIX™ Knotless Tissue Control Devices, antibacterial sutures, and DERMABOND® PRINEO® Skin Closure System, giving uncompromised strength and protection across different layers.Learn about secure wound closure solutions navigate_next
- * Benchtop testing in porcine stomach tissue. Mean tissue movement from after clamping on tissue to after firing ECHELON FLEX™ Powered Plus Stapler (PSEE60A) and ECHELON Reload with GST vs ENDO GIA™ ULTRA Handle (EGIAUSTND) and Endo GIA™ Reload with Tri-Staple™ Technology at 1.5, 2.5, 3.3 and 4.0mm tissue thicknesses (1.5mm: GST60B 1.067mm vs EGIA60AMT 2.452mm p<0.001; 2.5mm: GST60G 1.148mm vs EGIA60AMT 3.261mm p<0.001; 3.3mm: GST60T 0.642mm vs EGIA60AMT 4.806mm p<0.001; 4.0mm: GST60T 0.654mm vs EGIA60AXT 5.116mm p<0.001).
- β Internal market analysis as of 1/31/2014.
- ¥ In a benchtop test using 5-7mm porcine carotids that compared median burst pressure for HARMONIC ACE®+ 7 (1419.5 mm Hg) and LigaSure™ 5 mm Blunt Tip (591.0 mm Hg), P<.001. Data on file (PRC064872B).; vs HARMONIC ACE® without Adaptive Tissue Technology.
- €In bench-top studies using 5-7mm porcine carotids that compared median burst pressures for HARMONIC ACE®+7 (1716.5 mmHg) vs. Thunderbeat™ (1528.3 mmHg) (p=0.0226); HARMONIC ACE®+7 (1419.5 mmHg) vs. LigaSure™ Advance (670.5 mmHg) (p< 0.001); and HARMONIC ACE®+7 (1419.5 mmHg) vs. LigaSure™ 5 mm Blunt Tip (591.0 mmHg) (p<0.001). Data on file. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. (PRC064872B, PRC064872B).
- † As per IFU
- ‡ SPED 20140701 HARMONIC ACE®+ 7