Distal transection is a critical step and can be challenging in low anterior resections. Ethicon solutions deliver access and unsurpassed stapling performance* even in the most demanding procedures.
ECHELON FLEX™ GST System
4X less slippage compared to Endo GIA™ Reloads with Tri-Staple Technology*
Transect the tissue you intended the first time with a more targeted tissue transection with each firing.† The ECHELON FLEX GST System may eliminate one reload per procedure due to less tissue slippage during firing.*ECHELON FLEX GST System Optimal Device
Performance Guide picture_as_pdf
Colorectal surgeon’s testimonial
Learn about surgeons’ experience with ECHELON FLEX™ GST System
Dr. David C. Longcope from Rose Medical Center in Denver shares how the ECHELON FLEX GST System provided reliable staple formation, minimal tissue slippage and reduced usage of reload during procedure.Learn more about device-tissue interactions picture_as_pdf
Less movement during transection‡
Greater stability for potentially less tissue trauma
Both ECHELON FLEX™ Powered ENDOPATH® Stapler and ECHELON FLEX™ GST System minimize inadvertent movement at distal tip in tight spaces and at awkward angles, allowing for an average of 88% less movement at the end effector during transection of thick tissue‡ and potentially less trauma to adjacent tissues vs. EGIAUSTND/EGIA60AMT.Learn more about the ECHELON FLEX™ GST System open_in_new
CONTOUR® Curved Cutter Stapler
Enhanced visibility and deep reach in tight space
Designed for low pelvic access, the unique curved head provides 40mm cut line in a 30mm space. With a 21% smaller head width than Covidien’s Radial Reload with Tri-Stapleβ and a 13% larger jaw aperture than Radial Reload,¥ CONTOUR Curved Cutter Stapler helps you navigate tight pelvic regions and facilitates excellent maneuverability.Learn more about CONTOUR Curved Cutter Stapler open_in_new
- * Benchtop testing in porcine stomach tissue. Mean tissue movement from after clamping on tissue to after firing ECHELON FLEX™ Powered Plus Stapler (PSEE60A) and ECHELON Reload with GST vs ENDO GIA™ ULTRA Handle (EGIAUSTND) and Endo GIA™ Reload with Tri-Staple™ Technology at 3.3 and 4.0mm tissue thicknesses (3.3mm: GST60T 0.642mm vs EGIA60AMT 4.806mm p<0.001; 4.0mm: GST60T 0.654mm vs EGIA60AXT 5.116mm p<0.001).
- † Benchtop testing in porcine stomach tissue. Mean tissue movement from before clamping on tissue to release of tissue after firing ECHELON FLEX™ Powered Plus Stapler (PSEE60A) and ECHELON Reload with GST vs ENDO GIA™ ULTRA HANDLE (EGIAUSTND) and Endo GIA™ Reload with Tri-Staple™ Technology at 1.5, 2.5, 3.3 and 4.0mm tissue thicknesses (1.5mm: GST60B 2.835mm vs EGIA60AMT 2.369mm NS; 2.5mm: GST60G 2.864mm vs EGIA60AMT 3.273mm p<0.001; 3.3mm: GST60T 0.897mm vs EGIA60AMT 6.814mm p<0.001; 4.0mm: GST60T 1.415mm vs EGIA60AXT 4.616mm p<0.001).
- ‡ Benchtop testing on porcine stomach tissue. Surgeons (n=19) fired each instrument/ reload once: PSE60A/ ECR60G, 030449/ 030459, and EGIAUSTND/ EGIA60AMT. Distal tip motion measurement during the firing cycle showed a median of 88% and a range of reduction of 71% to 95% in tip movement of PSE60A/ ECR60G vs. the other two devices.
- β Ethicon US, LLC. (CONTOUR® head width, 2.5in. / 64mm.), Covidien, Endo GIA™ Radial Reload with Tri-Staple™ Technology Technical Guide. (Radial Reload head width, 3.2in. / 81mm).
- ¥ Ethicon US, LLC. (CONTOUR® 18.5mm full jaw opening), Covidien, Endo GIA™ Radial Reload with Tri-Staple™ Technology Technical Guide (Radial reload 16.3mm jaw opening).