* In a pre-clinical study, 100% (56/56) of porcine blood vessels remained hemostatic over a 30 day survival period. (C2073)
* Compared to end effector with a smaller curved tip design. (C1751).
§ Based on a pre-clinical study (C2096)
1. Ethicon Inc, PSB004423A HARMONIC™ HD 1000i Laparoscopic Shears (HARHD36): Design Verification Chronic (30 day) Survival Study in the Pig, Mar 2016, Data on File.
2. Ethicon Inc, 041416, Internal communication, April 2016, Data on File.
Full claim: The ECHELON FLEX™ Powered Vascular Stapler with its narrow blunt curved tip allows for enhanced visualization and confirmation of positioning the anvil precisely behind the vessel.*
3. Ethicon Inc, PRC068229, ECHELON FLEX™ Powered Vascular Stapler Commercial Claim Sub-Completion Report 1 , Sep 2014, Data on File.
Full claim: Curved, tapered blade geometry mirrors a mechanical dissector, delivering superior dissection among advanced energy devices.
4. Ethicon Inc, PSB004399A HARMONIC™ HD 1000i Open Shears (HARHD20) and HARMONIC HD1000i Laparoscopic Shears (HARHD36): Design Verification Acute Study in the Pig, Mar 2016. Data on file.
5. Ethicon Inc, 2016072T145020Z, HARMONIC™ HD 1000i Competitve Overlays, Mar 2016, Data on File.
6. Ethicon Inc, DOC021988A, Buccaneer Design Validation Study-Marketing Questions, May 2016, Data on File.