PROLENE® Polypropylene Hernia System
Offers secure posterior repair from a simple anterior approach and has three points of protection. It demonstrates reproducible outcomes with different surgeons.1
Bilayer design proven to combine anterior and posterior repair
- First bilayered mesh device with low reported recurrence rate2*
- Reduced operative and recovery time when compared to the Lichtenstein patch repair technique3
*Recurrence rates evaluated up to 3 years post-implantation
1. Gilbert A, et al. Closer to an ideal solution for inguinal hernia repair: comparison between general surgeons and hernia specialists. Hernia. 2005;10:162-168.
2. Gilbert AI, Young J, Graham MF, Divilio LT, Patel B. Combined anterior and posterior inguinal hernia repair: intermediate recurrence rates with three groups of surgeons. Hernia. 2004;8(3):203-207.
3. Kingsnorth AN, et al. Prolene hernia system compared with Lichtenstein patch: a randomized double blind study of short-term and medium-term outcomes in primary inguinal hernia repair. Hernia. 2002;6:113-119.