GYNECARE TVT™ Retropubic System Tension-Free Support for Incontinence
GYNECARE TVT™ Retropubic System is a retropubic mid-urethral sling used for the treatment of female stress urinary incontinence. The needle curvature and tip radius is designed to maintain contact with the posterior aspect of the pubic bone during passage. The system had an 91% objective cure rate and a 87% subjective cure rate reported from a 17 year study.1-5 Also, the system had significantly lower rates of urinary obstruction/retention6 and has been evaluated in over 100R CTs.7
- Nilsson CG, Palva K, Aarnio R, Morcos E, Falconer C (2013) Seventeen years’ follow-up of the tension-free vaginal tape procedure for female stress urinary incontinence. Int Urogynecol J 24(8):1265– 1269.
- Aigmueller T, Trutnovsky G, Tamussino K, et al. (2011) Ten-year follow-up after the tension-free vaginal tape procedure. Am J Obstet Gynecol 205(5):496.e1–5.
- Olsson I, Abrahamsson AK, Kroon UB (2010) Long-term efficacy of the tension-free vaginal tape procedure for the treatment of urinary incontinence: a retrospective follow-up 11.5 years post-operatively. Int Urogynecol J 21:679–683.
- Nilsson CG, Palva K, Rezapour M, Falconer C (2008) Eleven years prospective follow-up of the tension-free vaginal tape procedure for treatment of stress urinary incontinence. Int Urogynecol J 19:1043–1047.
- Bjelic-Radisic V, Dorfer M, Greimel E, Frudinger A, Tamussino K, Winter R (2006) Quality of life and continence 1 year after the tension-free vaginal tape operation. Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1784-1788.
- Magee G, Roy S, Hinoul P, Moretz C, Kozarev R, Waters H, Whitmore K. A real-world comparative assessment of complications following various mid-urethral sling procedures for the treatment of stress urinary incontinence. J Long Term Eff Med Implants. 2012. 22(4): 329–340
- Published Sling Data Analysis Mar 2013