Excellent handling and performance.2,3
Smooth passage with minimal tissue drag.
Predictable strength for superior support* and handling for excellent control.
Shown in vitro to inhibit bacterial colonization of the suture.5
Provides protection against colonization of the suture by bacteria commonly associated with SSIs, including, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), and Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis (MRSE).5
Coated VICRYL® Plus Antibacterial (polyglactin 910) Suture IFU
*Versus competing sutures
1. Coated VICRYL Plus Antibacterial (polyglactin 910) Sutures Instructions for Use. Ethicon, Inc.
2. Ethicon Wound Closure Manual. 2007.
3. VICRYL Plus Suture Product Insert.
4. Cobb WS, Burns JM, Peindl RD, Carbonell AM, Matthews BD, Kercher KW, Heniford BT. Textile Analysis of Heavy Weight, Mid-Weight and Light Weight Polypropylene Mesh in a Porcine Ventral Hernia Model. J Surg Res. 2006;136(1):1-7.
5. Rothenburger S, Spangler D, Bhende S, Burkley D. In vitro antimicrobial evaluation of coated Vicryl Plus Antibacterial Suture (coated polyglactin 910 with triclosan) using zone of inhibition assays. Surg Infect. 2002;3(suppl):S79-S87.