MONOCRYL® Plus Antibacterial (poliglecaprone 25) Suture
Consistent absorption rate with a predictable decrease in tensile strength
Stronger than gut suture initially and throughout the critical wound-healing period5,6 and offers protection for subcuticular closure and soft tissue approximation.
Ideal for subcuticular skin closure
Shown in vitro to inhibit bacterial colonization of the suture2-4
High initial breaking strength to maintain wound approximation during the critical first few days of skin healing1*
*Ethicon Absorbable Sutures: Biocompatibility and Performance Profiles Poster. Corporate Product Characterization. Ethicon R&D, 1999.
1. MONOCRYL Plus Antibacterial (poliglecaprone 25) Suture Instructions for Use. Ethicon, Inc.
2. Ming X, Rothenburger S, Yang D. In vitro antibacterial efficacy of Monocryl Plus Antibacterial Suture (poliglecaprone 25 with triclosan). Surg Infect. 2007;8(2):201-207
3. Rothenburger S, Spangler D, Bhende S, Burkley D. In vitro antimicrobial evaluation of coated Vicryl Plus Antibacterial Suture (coated polyglactin 910 with triclosan) using zone of inhibition assays. Surg Infect. 2002;3(suppl1):S79-S87
4. Ming X, Rothenburger S, Nicholos MM. In vivo and in vitro antibacterial efficacy of PDS Plus (polidioxanone with triclosan) suture. Surg. Infect 2008;9(4):451-457
5. Ethicon Wound Closure Manual. 2007. Ethicon, Inc.
6. MONOCRYL Plus Suture Product Insert, Chromic Gut Product Insert