PDS® Plus Antibacterial (polydioxanone) Suture
PDS Plus Sutures provide multiple benefits to address risk factors associated with dehiscence and infection in fascial closure, including:
- Immediate support during the critical healing period (14 to 28 days) and extended support as the fascia slowly regains strength1-3
- Protection against colonization of the suture by bacteria commonly associated with surgical site infections (SSIs)
- Propriety polymer that passes smoothly through tissue and utilizes a hydrolytic process to minimize tissue reaction during absorption1
1. Ethicon Wound Closure Manual. 2007. Ethicon, Inc.
2. Bloemen A, van Dooren P, Huizinga BF, Hoofwijk AGM. Randomized clinical trial comparing polypropylene or polydioxanobne for midline abdominal wall closure. Br J Surg. 2011;98:633-639.
3. Ming X, Rothenburger S, Nichols MM. In Vivo and In Vitro Antibacterial Efficacy of PDS Plus (Polidioxanone with Triclosan) Suture. Surg Infect. 2008;9(4):451-457.