DERMABOND ADVANCED® Topical Skin Adhesive
DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive can add strength and protection to an incision.
When used in addition to sutures, DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive was shown ex vivo to add 75% more strength to wound closure than sutures alone1
Protective barrier that adds strength and inhibits bacteria.4,5
DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive provides a microbial barrier with 99% protection in vitro for at least 72 hours against organisms commonly responsible for surgical site infections (SSIs)2, 3*
Provides strength to maintain barrier and wound closure integrity.3,6
DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive demonstrated in vitro inhibition of gram-positive bacteria (MRSA & MRSE) and gram-negative bacteria (E. coli)†
A unique formulation to help support successful wound closure outcomes
A patented, thicker formula with a unique blend of plasticizers and an initiator for precise control. Plasticizers increase flexibility and 3-dimensional strength for secure wound closure and patient comfort4 Initiator enables consistent setting time across various conditions and skin types7
* Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Enterococcus faecium, Pseudomonas aeruginosa
‡ As compared to High Viscocity DERMABOND® Topical Skin Adhesive
1. REPORT: PROTOCOL TO DETERMINE THE STRENGTH BENEFITS WHEN ADDING DERMABOND™ ADVANCED TOPICAL SKIN ADHESIVE TO A WOUND OR INCISION USING SUTURE AS THE PRIMARY CLOSURE
2. Bhende S, Rothenburger S, Spangler DJ, Dito M. In vitro assessment of microbial barrier properties of Dermabond Topical Skin Adhesive. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2002;3(3):251-257.
3. Quinn J, Wells G, Sutcliffe T, et al. A randomized trial comparing octylcyanoacrylate tissue adhesive and sutures in the management of lacerations. JAMA. 1997;277(19):1527-1530.
4. Protocol to determine strength of DERMABOND ADVANCED in addition to sutures.
5. Bhende et al. Study for microbial barrier of DERMABOND ADVANCED. 2009.
6.Singer AJ, Perry LC, Allen RL. In vivo study of wound-bursting strength and compliance of topical skin adhesives. Acad Emerg Med. 2008;15(12):1290-1294.
7. Design Verification Setting DBA Sell Sheet Job# ETY UWD H10206
8. DERMABOND ADVANCED™ Topical Skin Adhesive Instructions for Use. Ethicon, Inc. PM72434B. LAB0012189.2. STATUS:03/2011.