Additional strength for secure closure.
When used in addition to sutures, DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive was shown ex vivo to add 75% more strength to wound closure than sutures alone4
Microbial barrier protection5
DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive provides a microbial barrier with 99% protection in vitro for at least 72 hours against organisms commonly responsible for surgical site infections (SSIs)5**
Extensive clinical evidence
DERMABOND Advanced Adhesive is supported by substantially more Randomized Controlled Trials (RCTs) than the top six competitors combined6-8,*†‡
DERMABOND ADVANCED® Topical Skin Adhesive
**Staphylococcus epidermidis, Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Enterococcus faecium
*DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive tests equivalent or superior to DERMABOND Adhesive in head-to-head testing for microbial barrier, wound-bursting strength, tensile strength, flexibility, durability, viscosity, drying time, water vapor transmission rate, water resistance, and physician satisfaction.
†Based on published literature in PubMed as of March 7, 2017, using only RCTs that evaluated the use of the product in a manner consistent with intended indication.
‡Top 6 US competitors include LiquiBand®, Skin Aix™, SwiftSet™, SurgiSeal®, Derma+Flex® QS™, and Histoacryl®.
1. Quinn J, Wells G, Sutcliffe T, et al. A randomized trial comparing octylcyanoacrylate tissue adhesive and sutures in the management of lacerations. JAMA. 1997;277(19):1527-1530.
2. Singer AJ, Perry LC, Allen RL. In vivo study of wound-bursting strength and compliance of topical skin adhesives. Acad Emerg Med. 2008;15(12):1290-1294.
3. Bhende S, Rothenburger S, Spangler DJ, Dito M. In vitro assessment of microbial barrier properties of DERMABOND® Topical Skin Adhesive. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2002;3(3):251-257.
4. Report: Protocol to determine the strength benefits when adding DERMABOND™ ADVANCED Topical Skin Adhesive to a wound or incision using suture as the primary closure
5. Bhende S, Rothenburger S, Spangler DJ, Dito M. In vitro assessment of microbial barrier properties of DERMABOND® Topical Skin Adhesive.Surg Infect (Larchmt).2002;3(3):251-257.
6. Ethicon US Market Share Report, October 2016.
7. Dermabond RCT List, Jan 2017.
8. Competitive TSA RCT Summary.