DERMABOND® Mini Topical Skin Adhesive
DERMABOND Mini is a wound closure device that adds strength, provides a protective barrier and inhibits bacteria
- Clinically shown to provide 7-day wound holding strength in just 3 minutes1
- Provides a microbial barrier with 99% protection in vitro for 72 hours against organisms commonly responsible for surgical site infections (SSI)2*
- Demonstrates inhibition of gram-positive bacteria (MRSA and MRSE) and gram-negative bacteria (E coli) in vitro3†
*S. epidermidis, E. coli, S. aureus, P. aeruginosa, E. faecium
†Clinical significance unknown
1. Quinn J, Wells G, Sutclie T, et al. A randomized trial comparing octylcyanoacrylate tissue adhesive and sutures in the management of lacerations. JAMA. 1997;277:1527-1530.
2. Bhende S, Rothenburger S, Spangler DJ, Dito M. In vitro assessment of microbial barrier properties of DERMABOND® Topical Skin Adhesive. Surg Infect. 2002;3(3):251-257.
3. In vitro evaluation of the viability of microorganisms after direct contact with DERMABOND® Topical Skin Adhesive. 2010.