DERMABOND PRINEO System is associated with significantly reduced readmission rates1
In a retrospective study comparing DERMABOND® PRINEO® Skin Closure System and skin staples in TKA, DERMABOND® PRINEO® is associated with significantly reduced readmission rates within 30, 60, and 90 days.*
Patient comfort, confidence, satisfaction
Leads to higher overall patient satisfaction when compared to staples†
Leads to better cosmesis when compared to staples.†§ No postsurgical dressings may mean easier self-care and greater self-confidence for patients. If directed by the health care professional, patient may be able to shower immediately after procedure.
Strength and protection
Microbial barrier protection proven 99% effective through 72 hours in vitro.4
Incisions closed with DERMABOND® PRINEO® Skin Closure System (22 cm) were ~33% stronger when compared with the average strength of staples‡ and were ~40% stronger when compared with the average strength of 4-0 suture.‡
* Premier Inpatient Database in Total Knee Arthroplasty (p<0.05). N=1,942; 2010-2015
† Double-blinded quantitative research study comparing surgeon experience with DERMABOND PRINEO System and skin staples in total knee arthroplasty. N=83 orthopaedic surgeons. 90% c.I. Fielded June/July 2017.
§ in a TKA
‡ Study performed ex vivo.
1. Stratafix and Prineo Premier Database Study RWE16-ETH-012. January 18, 2017. Ethicon, Inc.
2. Directions Research. PRINEO Claims Exploration US Patient & Surgeon Reference Data. 2017.
3. DERMABOND™ PRINEO™ Skin Closure System Instructions for Use. Ethicon, Inc.
4. Study Report for in vitro evaluation of microbial barrier properties of DERMABOND ProTape