* Method of mesh fixation not assessed in these studies
† Based on data obtained at 12 months post-operative where 89.2% received IPOM, and 10.8% received TAPP and give % repair that was incisional/ventral (75.1%), epigastic (5.1%), umbilical (18.5%) & trocar (1.3%). For Berrevoet: 95.1% ventral and 4.9% umbilical.
‡ For complete instructions for use, refer to the PROCEED® Surgical Mesh IFU
§In porcine flank benchtop testing versus two other absorbable fixation devices
Superior acute holding strength at various deployment angles
\\ Patients experienced significantly greater comfort with DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive at 6 weeks (P < 0.05) and 6 months (P < 0.01) following reduction mammaplasty. In a similar retrospective study of 670 patients, patient comfort and satisfaction were also superior with DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive.
1. STRATAFIX™ Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device Consolidated Claims Matrix SFX 052362-160502 With greater wound holding strength and security, STRATAFIX™ Symmetric PDS™ Plus Knotless Tissue Control Devices can close wounds substantially faster than using an interrupted technique.
2. Bringman S., Tollens T., Murdoch J., Jones P., Mitchell J., McRoy L. Laparoscopic hernia repair surgery using a tissue-separating flat mesh (TSM)-12 month patient reported outcomes from the international hernia mesh registry (IHMR)
3. Berrevoet F., Murdoch J., Jones P., Mitchell J., McRoy L., Heniford R., Open hernia repair surgery using a tissue-separating flat mesh (TSM)-12 month patient reported outcomes from the International Hernia Mesh Registry (IHMR)
4. Cardinale M. Angle Fire competitive test AST 2010-0199
5. Cardinale M. Comparison of acute holding strength of an absorbable strap fixation device in porcine flank at various implantation angles (technical report)
6. DERMABOND ADVANCED® Topical Skin Adhesive Consolidated Claims Matrix 043053-151106
DERMABOND ADVANCED® Topical Skin Adhesive significantly improves patient comfort and satisfaction. Patient preference for DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive was significant at all time points.
7. Nipshagen MD, Hage JJ, Beekman WH. Use of 2-octyl-cyanoacrylate skin adhesive (DERMABOND®) for wound closure following reduction mammaplasty: a prospective, randomized intervention study. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008;122(1):10-18.
8. Scott GR, Carson CL, Borah GL. Dermabond skin closures for bilateral reduction mammaplasties: a review of 255 consecutive cases. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007;120(6):1460-1465.