* Based on surgeons study using animals and IPOM technique
† Per IFU recommendations, ensure mesh extends approximately 3 to 5 cm beyond the margins of the hernia defect to provide adequate overlap onto healthy fascia
‡ In porcine flank benchtop testing versus two other absorbable fixation devices
Superior acute holding strength at various deployment angles
§ It is suggested to attach the fixation skirt to the abdominal wall approximately every 1 cm apart under direct visualization.
¶ ETHICON SECURESTRAP Open Absorbable Strap Fixation device uses the same absorbable fixation strap as Ethicon SECURESTRAP Fixation Device.
1. ETHICON PHYSIOMESH™ Open Flexible Composite Mesh Device. Instructions for Use. Ethicon, Inc.
2. Roy, S., Shnoda, P., Savidge, S., Hammond, J., Panish, J., & Wilson, M. (2013). Reduction in Fixation Time and Related Surgical Stress with the Use of Ethicon Securestrap™ Open Absorbable Strap Fixation Device in the Deployment of Intra-Peritoneal Onlay Mesh (IPOM) for Open Ventral Hernia Repair. Value in Health, 16(7).
3. Cardinale M. Angle Fire competitive test AST 2010-0199
4. Cardinale M. Comparison of acute holding strength of an absorbable strap fixation device in porcine flank at various implantation angles (technical report)
5. STRATAFIX™ Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device Consolidated Claims Matrix SFX 052362-160502
With greater wound holding strength and security, STRATAFIX™ Symmetric PDS™ Plus Knotless Tissue Control Devices can close wounds substantially faster than using an interrupted technique.
6. DERMABOND® PRINEO® Skin Closure System Consolidated Claims Matrix 043314-151113. Distributes wound closure tension evenly along the incision and across the entire area of incision.